Sunday, November 6, 2011

QUIT MESSING WITH TIME

As far as I can tell our chickens have no clue that I was granted an "extra" hour last night! This whole business of changing our clocks ahead or back is foolishness and I can just about guarantee that few people even know why we go through this every six months. It appears that I'm not alone in that assertion. http://ellicottcity.patch.com/articles/daylight-saving-time-fall-back-but-why

I guess it goes to show that once a piece of legislation is signed it is almost impossible to get it off the books, even when the original premise is proven false. We should bear that in mind the next time we hear our politicians say anything they enact will be temporary or for our own good. ;-)

Now that I have had another cup of freshly brewed coffee to clear the cobwebs out of my head, I must say that this looks like it's going to be another gorgeous day. I am rarely disappointed in the weather here. In fact I can't think of a day I was (even during rainy season). As I peer through the curtains of my window and see the sunshine playing off the still damp grass and peeking through the Spanish moss I am filled with a sense of contentment. The birds (who also weren't informed of the time change)are singing their greetings to each other and I can hear my husband's own contribution to this symphony from our bedroom. Does it get better than this?

I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment