Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I've Been Working on Christmas

gifts for the past several months and still have so much to finish. I just purchased a couple of balls of really pretty yarn to make a scarf for my daughter and a book of sample stitch squares to make another afghan. I finished one of the blocks and then cut the wrong loop. No help for that, so I started another block. The title of the stitch is King Charles Brocade and it looks very pretty. Not sure if I'll stop at the 12" they say to make a block or if I'll just keep knitting until I reach the end of the skein and make it into a panel. I'm leaning towards the later and have selected the next sample stitch that I think will compliment the Brocade very well.

It was a great day here in central Florida. But then that's nothing new. I thought when we were contemplating moving here that I might miss the change of seasons. Even though I loved the fall foliage in the Northeast, I did not like the snow and cold. There are subtle changes here, with different plants blooming at different times of the year. The beauty of having such great weather is that I can grow so many more things than I ever could in the North. All things considered I wouldn't move back. It's kind of neat to go shopping in November in my shorts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment